Hi, friends!! I hope you had a great February! I feel like the month went by simultaneously too slow and way too fast, but I guess that’s how things normally go. I don’t really have much else to say as a sort of introduction, so I guess I will jump right onto the wrap up!
Non-Bookish Things from February:
Work and Other IRL Things:
- At work, I spent this whole month working with an interim substitute while my actual coworker was on maternity leave. It went pretty well overall, but it was also kind of just odd because I had just gotten used to working with my coworker. Maybe I will one day have consistency at work, but not for a while.
- In other news, I started spending way more time with my two best friends which was so much fun! I made them watch the original Star Wars trilogy with me and we’ve started to make vague plans to go to Disney and make lightsabers at Galaxy’s Edge, so stay tuned for when/if that actually happens because you can be assured I will not shut up about it.
- I did some art this month? I did this as Valentine’s Day Gifts for my two best friends. I know that they are not the best, but I am still proud of them lol.
Movies and Quick Ratings:
I had earlier said I wanted to do a whole post on this but I just know that’s not going to happen this month, so here the movies are with the ratings:
- Frozen: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Frozen II: ☆☆☆☆
- Tangled: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Brave: ☆☆☆☆
In other news, I am starting to watch Disney animated movies, so if you have a favorite you want me to watch please leave it in the comments!!
Music and Podcasts:
- The Trypod
- I have always loved the try guys and I always watch their videos when I get anxious, so as soon as I got into podcasts I knew that I had to listen to theirs. It is so much fun and I listen to it a lot, I would highly recommend if you are looking for a comedy podcast.
- Mean Girls the Musical
- I have no idea how I ended up listening to this musical but I am /so/ into it. Like, honestly, it is so good and fun and funny and if you haven’t listened to it, I would highly recommend it.
- Six the Musical
- I! love! musicals! about! history! And since this one is all about reclaiming history from a female perspective, I love it even more. It is really short yet really really good, so once again I would highly recommend. I think that I have the entire musical memorized at this point, its that good.
This is likely my shortest book wrap up section…ever? But I’ve been kind of sad and down and not reading up until like….this past week so I guess it is too be expected. Anyways, here are the three whole books I read last month:
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown
- Read from 1/30-2/9
- This was a random cute graphic middle grade I stumbled upon and I actually really enjoyed it? It had lots of great illustrations and the page on Yoda had me laughing for longer than I would actually like to admit.
- The Crown by Kiera Cass
- Read from 1/3 to 2/24
- I totally get why people do not enjoy these last two books as much as the original trilogy, but I still think they are fun and heartwarming.
- Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass
- Read from 2/24-2/25
- This collection of short stories is just fun! I don’t have much more to say than that tbh, its just a fun time.
And now, that’s it? Please don’t get used to my wrap ups being this short but I’m still getting into the swing of things.