Hello, friends! Happy September! Today’s post is going to be a hodgepodge of different things, but like, I believe that we can get through it together. I feel like for once I have nothing to say intro wise, so let’s just jump right on in, shall we?
It’s hard to believe August is over because I swear everything just passed in a blur and I don’t know how it happened. But, let’s attempt to wrap up that mess now, shall we?
Non-Bookish August Things:
We’re just going to do a fun bullet point list for this because like I said, this month is a blur:
- I got to meet my work kiddos!! I knew one of them before the program started and I knew of a lot of them, but it has been really fun to get to know each of them and their personalities better.
- I started my classes at my new school. They’re going okay, I have high As in the two classes I have grades for (*side eyes my geography teacher that has graded literally nothing*). It is honestly more work than I was expecting and keeps me beyond busy but I am hoping I’ll adjust at some point. Hopefully.
- Lover by Taylor Swift came out and I am beyond obsessed!! I did a whole post about it, which you can find here.
- I met up with one of my best friends from high school and got to reconnect with her and it was so much fun!
- I am applying for another job? I talked to the principal at the elementary school I work at about subbing and she is super into the idea of me working as a sub so once I get the paperwork done I am set?
- Very much related to all of my other work stuff, but I think I have finally decided what I want to do with my life? I am pretty sure I want to be an elementary school teacher, I love working with my work kids so much and the elementary school I work at is such a good environment, it has me convinced, but I guess we’ll see what happens.
Alright, anyways, onto the four (4) whole books I read in August:
- Read from 8/4-8/11
- Format: ebook from library
- Review can be found here.
- Read from 8/13-8/13
- Format: hardback from library
- This was super cute and sweet and sapphic and I loved it a whole lot.
- Read from 8/8-8/25
- Format: audiobook, owned; hardback from library
- This was long but there were gays so I was into it.
- Read from 8/25-8/31
- Format: ebook, owned
- Review can be found here.
As you may be able to tell, the reading slump hit me hard this month. I think it was due to the chaos of working and school work and the fact that I have been having a lot of mental health issues, but hey, it is what it is. And here are my stats:
- Pages read: 1,559 pages
- Average rating: 4.0
- Format breakdown:
- 3 physical
- 1 audio
Everyone is likely to look at my wrap up from last month and think this TBR is completely insane and you would be correct, but hey, I am trying to force myself to get on a schedule and to read everyday and all that stuff. Anyways, here is my overambitious TBR:
- If you were here last month you may remember that they were on my TBR for last month, but now that it’s September I am really getting into them. As I am writing this post I am already on Sea of Monsters, so basically I am already having a better reading month than I did in August. Thanks, Percy and Jesse Bernstein.
- I feel like I should preface this by saying that I only aspect to get to like, maybe The Son of Neptune, but as soon as I finish Percy Jackson these will be my next audios so we shall just see where the month takes us.
Say hello to my new TBR for the first Sapphic Saturday! (Friendly reminder that it is this Saturday!!) What is my motivation for changing my TBR? I’m glad you asked. It is called non-reading slump Arin requested a lot of books from the library and then reading slump Arin didn’t read them so now she is going to try and read them now. We’ll see.
- All I know about this is that it is a sapphic middle grade and tbh that is all I need to know about it.
- I have read like thirty pages of this and I was really into it, but then I just like, stopped reading. I guess we’ll see what happens on Saturday.
- Remember when I was going to read this last month for a book club? Yeah, let’s just say that didn’t happen.
- I am still completely terrified by this book, that is really all I have to say about it.
- There is a slight chance I will finish rereading Carry On by the time Wayward Son comes out and then I will maybe finish Wayward Son by the end of the month. These are the only physical reads I am challenging myself too non-readathon wise just because I don’t want to put unnecessary pressure on myself.
I turn nineteen this month! In honor of my birthday next Friday (the 13th, yeah, my birthday is Friday the thirteenth. The last time this happened was when I was turning 13…on Friday the 13th…in 2013. Let’s just say that was a lot). Anyways, since this birthday is going to be hard for me for personal reasons, I decided to run a giveaway so that I can hopefully brighten someone else’s day! Here is the link to the US only giveaway, and here is the link to the international giveaway! Both are for any book under 15 dollars on Book Depository, and both will be ordered using Caitlin’s affiliate link!
Well, I think that is all for today. What about y’all? How was your August? What are you looking forward to in September? Let’s chat in the comments!