Hello and welcome to Arin continues to make TBR lists even though she has literally never stuck to one ever in her entire life. Who knows, this day could be the day. That doesn’t seem likely in the slightest, but you never know. I could surprise everybody, myself included.
Anyways, we’ll keep this intro short and sweet because the prewriting version of Arin that is writing this is very tired (and is talking about herself in the third person?) and wants to finish this so she can shower and go to bed. Note that it is only 7 P.M.
Here is what I may read this month. Probably not, but maybe. Who knows.
- August is Percy month and also I need to catch up on Rick Riordan’s books something bad, so I figure a reread is in order. Also, I miss Annabeth like a lot. There is a chance that once I finish up these I will start on the Heroes of Olympus series, but I don’t want to put that pressure on myself so we will stick with this.
- Also, just for funzies, here is my ranking of the series from most favorite to least favorite currently so we can see if it changes after this reread:
- The Battle of the Labyrinth
- The Lightning Thief
- The Last Olympian
- The Titan’s Curse
- The Sea of Monsters
- I am hoping that this becomes another Everything Leads to You situation where once I put it on enough TBRs I start to feel guilty for not having read it yet and give in to read it. I don’t know why I haven’t read this yet? Like I am super super excited about it and I am already ready for the Gilmore Girls rewatch it will cause, but I just haven’t like, read it yet? It’s a delima. Hopefully one I solve soon.
- I am also really excited to read both of these because I think I will enjoy them, but like, I just haven’t read them yet. I should do that this month, but once again, we will see. These are also middle grade novels and as of this month I will be spending a lot of time with kids so maybe that will help me connect to them more. Maybe, we’ll see if I actually read them.
- My library loan of this book is about to expire so I should really read this like ASAP. I mean, its super short and I think I will really enjoy it so that shouldn’t be a problem, but once again, we will see. Also, I am in love with this cover. Look at it, it is just so pretty. I love both of their outfits and also that shade of blue is literally my favorite color.
- My goal is to one day read this so I can actually talk about the content of the book and not just go wow, I love that cover. I mean, this book is sapphic and it takes place in AP English. I am ready (I think), now I just have to like, read it.
- I don’t actually know much about this book nor have I heard much about it, so I actually have no idea whether I will like this or not. I hope so? But also, I have no idea. I don’t even think I have the slightest clue what this book is about. I just bought it because it was sapphic, which is becoming a reoccuring theme in my life.
- I am currently like forty minutes into this audiobook but I have to listen to it at 1.75 speed (for the record, I normally listen at 3 or 3.5) because I am really dumb and don’t understand what is happening. This book is very long and it is going to take a lot of effort, but also I really want to read it and I keep defaulting to it as an audio so it is likely I will actually read this one.
- As soon as I finished Of Fire and Stars I pre ordered this and I am very excited for this. Bring on the gay princesses. I am ready (maybe).
- I am slowly but surely making my way through Nina LaCour’s books and this one seems like the next logical read just because I already own it. This one seems very, very sad but I will do my best to prepare myself.
Okay, I am going to stop here. I am not guaranteed to read any of these books, but there is a slight chance I’ll read like three of them. But what about y’all, what books do you want to read this month? Have you read any of these? Let’s chat in the comments!