Hello, friends! I have officially decided I don’t know what a hiatus is or how they really work or that I am just super bad at sticking to them. It could be either honestly. Anyways, I decided that I wanted to post my July TBR today, so I am. Just like how I posted a Top 5 Wednesday on Wednesday. I guess when the heart wants to post, it will post.
So, here is a super overambitious list of books I want to read in July. Will I read them all? Most likely no. Will I act like I will for the time being? Of course. Will I glance back at this TBR several times during the month and decide I don’t actually want to read those books and pick something random off of my shelf? Once again yes, but we will pretend for once that I have some impulse control.
Per usual with my life, I like rereading. This month the majority of my TBR is rereads because I am biting the bullet and just admitting that they are what I want to read right now so they are what will be read.
- Technically, I am about two and a half chapters into this one so I won’t be starting it in July, but since I am also not finishing it in June unless I magically have time to read the rest of it today, it is going on this list. This is my least favorite book in the series so that isn’t really helping my motivation either, but I’ll get through it.
- If I am not the most excited for Chamber of Secrets, I am really excited for this one. It is one of my favorites (according to the list I made on my phone, it is my third favorite) and I love it. I also haven’t seen the movie all the way through, so once I finish rereading it, I get to watch it all the way for the first time so that’s cool.
- I am not the biggest fan on this one either, it is my second least favorite in the series. I just always feel like it’s really long and drags. However, I love the movie so I am looking forward to rewatching it after my reread.
- My favorite book of the entire series!! You will just see me screaming via goodreads updates whenever I finally get to this one because I will be thrilled. Harry’s sass is on point in this book and it is amazing.
- My second favorite book of the entire series!! I didn’t really enjoy this one as a kid, but I loved it a whole lot on my audio reread last year so I am anxiously awaiting my feelings about a physical reread.
- I am not a super big fan of this one for no clear reason, so I am not looking forward to this one a tremendous amount but I am looking forward to watching the movies all the way through for the first time. I think that will be super fun.
Now, would it even be an Arin TBR if it didn’t mention shadowhunter books?? Unlikely.
- I just want everyone to know that I keep almost starting this book like constantly, but I force myself to resist. I want to reread this series in July because I read them for the first time last July so it feels right and also I miss Mark. Also I need to figure out if this or Lord of Shadows is my favorite from the series because that is need to know information.
- Oh yeah, I will be physically reading these! That doesn’t seem like a big deal but I have never done that before so I am anxious to see how my reading experience will differ when I get to physically read them rather than audio them while playing best fiends. Also this book has a lot of quality content that I am looking forward to.
- I feel like I haven’t been subtle about my dislike of this last book, but I am actually hoping that rereading it will make me like it better. I don’t know though, but I will hope. Also I need to relive that clace short story at the end. I need it. It is not a want, it is a need.
Now, onto some new books I want to read in July because I do actually know how to read those sometimes.
- Do you ever just like, request a cute looking middle grade that promises themes of feminism in the description on Netgalley only to discover that it is actually the third book in a series? Because I did that. I feel like I could most definitely just jump into my ARC without it hurting my reading experience, but that doesn’t sound like me to me.
Last but not least, some fun summer contemporaries because it is summer and those are fun.
- I have owned this book for literally forever and so many people say it is the best Morgan Matson book so I must read it during the peak of summer. There is no other option.
- I have also had this book on my shelf for forever and it sounds like a great story about friendship so you can count me in.
- Okay, so, I know this one isn’t particularly fun but it has also been on my shelf for a good while so it is time to finally read it.
Okay, I think I will stop there. We will see what I actually end up reading in July, but I am hoping I hit most if not all of these. What about you guys, do you have any fun July plans? What are you going to try and read next month? Let’s chat in the comments!