February simultaneously went by super quickly and super slow. I honestly don’t remember much of anything that happened this month, so I’m just going to go on ahead and jump into the things I read and watched this month.
Non-bookish things from February:
School and other IRL things:
This month was a lot for me emotionally and mentally. I started out the month in what has been identified by my therapist as a depressive episode and then suddenly was pulled out of it into a state where I was happier than I’ve been in years. It was a very sudden and jarring change and now that what I’ve nicknamed my “happiness high” has worn off I’m back to feeling kind of weird and its messy.
I also started my second semester of college this month and it is, like, a lot. I started out the semester at eighteen credits but two days ago I dropped a class and went down to fourteen credits, which is the minimum for my college and technically frowned upon but oh well. I also took this new semester as a chance to go back and see my therapist and even though I did not want to go, it went really well and I’ve already scheduled an appointment.
So basically, to summarize? February was messy and I’m still sorting through the mess but it could be worse and I’m working through the situation.
Like I said last month, I don’t watch a lot of TV or movies so this section is always going to be a little lackluster.
The Miseducation of Cameron Post (2018)
I watched this movie three times this month as I was trying to resist the urge to reread the book before the physical copy got here. I love this movie, it will never be as great at the book, but its still so so good. It made me cry a couple of times, but that is just to be expected.
Last month, Dodie released her new EP and I freaked out. I have still been freaking out this month, and all I have done is listen to “She” on repeat all month so its going on here again because it deserves to.
Finally, to the books
Pleasure reads from this month:
I read 7 books this month for fun. That’s a lot lower than the 22 books I read in January, but this month was very rough so that is just how it is.
- Read from 2/1-2/1
- Format: paperback; from library
- This was a super cute, super interesting little graphic novel! I wish I was more into gaming so that I could have understood it more.
- Read from 1/29-2/4
- Format; ebook and hardback, both owned
- Wow I can’t wait to reread this and cry a lot!!
- Read from 1/28-2/6
- Format: audiobook, from libary
- I honestly don’t remember much about this book other than I thinking it was basically filler the whole time.
- Read from 2/6-2/15
- Format: audiobook, from library
- All I remember about this one is freaking out because baby Kell was shown for like .5 seconds (and by baby Kell I mean like, 12 year old Kell) and sadness.
- Read from 2/16-2/17
- Format: ebook, from library.
- This one was oddly intense for a middle grade but I was here for it.
- Reread from 2/15-2/24
- Format: audiobook from library, following along with owned ebook
- I forgot how much I, um, hate number four. I just want to learn more about number six please and thanks.
- Read from 2/24-2/28
- Format: ebook from library, using audiobook from Scribd as an aid towards the end.
- This one was all types of intense and I really really enjoyed it.
Onto the boringish things I had to suffer through for school
I’m going to note, I don’t rate these nor do I keep track of how long I was reading them, so this section is also going to be very lackluster. Though, there will be a brief two month reprieve in the summer. God, I can’t wait for summer.
- Oh, Robert Fagles. I really like your translations, but at the same time, I also hate them. This one was pretty good though, I tend to have more grievances with his translation of the Aeneid.
- This book was A Lot. But also, very interesting. But also, I have to write an essay analyzing this and I don’t want to.
- This book’s graphic descriptions have literally caused me to have nightmares so that’s, um, not fun and I don’t like it.
Okay, that’s it folks. Now is the time for me to try and sum up the very small amounts of reading I did this month. I read 10 books this month, though three of them were not by choice.
- Pages read: 4,158
- Average rating: 4.28
- Format breakdown:
- 3 audiobooks
- 7 physical
How was your February, did it also seem to drag on for all eternity? How many books did you read, any you would recommend? Did you watch any cool movies or TV shows that you think I should check out so that I don’t watch Cameron Post for the sixth time tonight?